Survey: Organisational Change
We recently conducted a survey to find out changes organisations hoped to see due to Covid-19.
We asked the question “Following the Pandemic, what do you hope would be the biggest change to your organisation?”
The responses were as follows: –
- 18% voted for an Agile Culture,
- 27% voted for Digital Transformation,
- 55% voted for both answers.
Below are comments from respondents
- Digital transformation has become the biggest response to Covid-19. A lot of organisations were lagging behind on this and the pandemic has increased the speed at which organisations have adopted it. If it wasn’t for Covid-19, most organisations would not have taken on having online meetings, remote working and even digital marketing. I personally would like to see more of Digital transformation in my organisation so we are able to move with the world and not lag behind.
- The culture of the organisation is important for its success. An agile culture is what keeps a company going in harsh times, as we have seen with the pandemic. A lot of companies closed because of poor management and systems within the organisation. But for those who were able to stand, it was because of the response its workers had towards the pandemic. The pandemic has made us realise once again the importance of an environment that is underpinned by core values, behaviours and practices empowering its employees to adapt to change and to work together in providing solutions in times of trouble. An agile culture is powerful because an organisation cannot succeed without the people. I would like to see an environment where communication, trust, recognition and learning exist because such an environment leads to innovation, adaptability and resilience.
- Agility is a high strategic priority for organisations and there is no argument in the fact that an organisation is only as good as its people. That is why an agile organisation is important and I would like to see that change in our organisation because the business environment will always be changing and it’s volatile and unpredictable. There is always some form of change in the business world and an organisation that cannot adapt to change and move quickly in response to it, will be negatively affected. The success of the company reflects on the internal operations of the organisation. High performing teams are the backbone of the company.
- The pandemic has brought about many changes. Both an agile culture and digital transformation are just as important to an organisation. The world has digitalised and for organisations not to adopt and move with times, it will be a recipe for disaster. But for organisations to do that they need a team that is willing and able to move with speed and be resilient for the good of the organisation.
- An agile culture is a critical component for the survival and growth of a business. For organisations to respond to the fast changing business environment, it must be flexible, as we have seen with the pandemic. Companies were flexible with working conditions where they worked remotely, and they had to be flexible not to follow strict rules in division of labour and responsibilities, as well as in formalities. And in so doing, they adopted digital technologies so as to respond well to the environment.
The overall findings conclude that both an agile culture and digital transformation are critical to the success of the organisation as most voted for both change. However, some prefer one over the other depending on level of importance within the organisation